Have fun mixing up your creations and letting your kids express themselves with their culinary creativity. Just remember to plan ahead—popsicles take an hour or two to freeze! Don’t forget to have your family camera ready in “motion” mode to capture crystal-clear photos of your kids in the kitchen!
Summer is wrapping up, but there’s still time to enjoy the last few warm days! Popsicles are a fun, kid-friendly snack that’s perfect for hot, summer days. Thanks to inexpensive popsicle molds, it’s easy to make a tasty frozen treat at home. Not only is it more cost-effective to make your own popsicles—you can also control exactly what goes in. Your kids will enjoy getting to pick their own custom ingredients, and you can keep it low in sugar and free of artificial ingredients.All you need is a blender and popsicle molds. Let your little ones choose their ingredients, pour them into the blender, and push the button. They’ll feel like a chef! Get creative with fresh fruit and natural flavors. Here are some ideas:
1. Combine bananas and strawberries for a Strawberry Banana popsicle. Bananas are often sweet enough to not need any added sugar.
2. Mix strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries with a little raw honey for a Mixed Berry Popsicle.
3. Try a classic Lemonade popsicle by combining fresh-squeezed lemon juice with water. Be sure to sweeten with raw honey or sugar-free Stevia. Experiment with adding lime juice or strawberries for a new twist.
3. Add unsweetened Greek yogurt to your popsicles for added protein and creaminess. Try combining Greek yogurt with mango or pineapple. For a dairy-free way to get some creaminess, use unsweetened almond or soy milk.
4. For a sophisticated, mom-friendly treat, try a Mojito-inspired popsicle with fresh lime juice, water, fresh mint, and raw honey or sugar-free Stevia.
Emily Davidson, creator of Healthy Eating, Naturally, is a blogger and copywriter at Lela.com. Lela is a fun, interactive shopping site that helps parents find the perfect family-friendly products using unique and intuitive technology and personalized Product Ratings.