Are you planning to travel abroad with your kids? It would be fun and amazing for sure but you must plan and prepare well or else, you will have more time stressing instead of relaxing. Being around your kids is fun but, travelling with them can be another story.
In this article, we will share some tips for parents out there who will be travelling abroad with their kids for the very first time. It is best to be prepared than ruin your supposed to be relaxing and happy trip.
So here are some things that you should do:
- Choose a destination that is family-friendly – We all know you are excited for your first out of the country trip with your family. Make sure to choose a destination that can have different activities for all family members, especially the kids. It would be great if there are parks, zoos, beach and other tourists’ spots. Also, check if the place is safe for family travel.
- Watch out for promo fares – Going out as a family will not be easy on the budget, most especially for working moms and dads. Paying for the airfare tickets, accommodations, foods and others for a family of 4 or 5 can be a bit expensive. Therefore, make sure to look for promo fares. Take advantage of this so you can score great discounts. Make sure to check out airlines websites regularly in case they announce a promotion.
- Avail travel insurance – Since you are travelling with your kids, travel insurance is a must. Your first priority of course as parents is the safety of your family most especially if you’re travelling far. This will also protect you for unexpected incidents and mishaps while travelling. So be sure to check out the best travel insurance for your family.
- Check in ahead of time – You do not want your kids acting up in the airport because of long lines in the check-in counters. So it is recommendable to check-in ahead of time or do mobile check-in if possible.
- Bring first aid kit – Kids can be sensitive when they are in a new environment so they might get sick easily. Pack a first aid kit that contains medicines for fever, stomachache, allergies, cold, flu and others. You should also bring alcohol, band-aids and bandages most especially if you have little boys who love to run and play.
- Always bring extra clothes for the kids – Kids love to play and they usually end up looking like a mess – all sweaty and dirty. Therefore, it is advisable that you carry with you extra shirt and clothes so they can change into clean clothing after playing or walking. Do not forget to bring bottled water too.
- Carry their favourite toy – Lastly, to prevent your kids from throwing tantrums especially in public places, allow them to bring their favourite toy with them. Tell them that you will allow them to choose a toy to bring but they should behave well during the trip. This will also keep them occupied while waiting for your next activities.
Sometimes kids can be too much to handle especially when you are in a foreign land. This is a common concern for parents who wish to travel. However, this should not stop you from having fun with the family. What you should do is prepare for the trip carefully, talk to your kids and set some rules and of course, do not forget to bring items that will make tem safe, happy and behave during the trip.
*image credit: http://bit.ly/2gV81FT