There is a different temptation about grilling which brings out unique and scrumptious flavors of the particular food. The smoky and toasty taste of the delicately charred foods served hot off the grill is unbeatable. One can grill a wide range of food and dive into their delicious flavors. To name a few certified grilled food favorites are chicken skewers, roasted pork, vegetable kababs, grilled fish, and bead steak.
While a host of food can be grilled and enjoyed as appetizers and main dishes, there are rules to grill each item. When the right method for each food is maintained, you will experience a burst of flavors in each bite. Now, the rules of grilling can vary not only on different foods but also on different cuts. If you are planning to grill some meat, fish, and vegetables this weekend, you need to follow some grilling techniques that are simple yet effective. You will then be able to bring out the texture, aroma, and taste of each food.
Grilling Techniques to Follow for Perfection
Before we start with the techniques of grilling for each food item, let us first understand the methods of grilling. In simple words, there basically are two methods of grilling – direct heat grilling method and indirect heat grilling method:
As the name suggests, indirect heat, the food items are placed directly over the heat which can be of any source. Here, the high heat develops the delicious taste of charred layers. For the best results, ensure that you apply this method for foods that come with thinner skin and are quick to cook.
Secondly, indirect heat is the process where the heat is applied indirectly to the food. Here, the food items are placed at a little distance from the heat source to avoid the charred flavor. However, the smoky flavor can be received from this technique, whether you cook using coals or on a gas grill. Additionally, this technique is time-taking and hence, it is important that you do the required cuts. The method can be used for foods with thicker skins including pork.
Grilling Major Food Items
Moving on, let us now discuss the rules of grilling the major types of foods:
- Chicken: For this form of meat, you should take pieces from the breast and legs and cut them into smaller pieces. They can be grilled using the indirect heat technique because they are cooked quickly. However, if you wish to savor a whole chicken in your next party, then you can use the same technique as well, but cook for a longer duration.
- Beef: It may take a pretty good amount of time for preparing grilled dishes from beef. For that delicious plate of steak or ribs, you require grilling the meat with the indirect heat technique. However, if you desire to relish the charred flavor, you can first cook the meat indirect heat for a few minutes and then switch to indirect heat to allow the meat to cook completely both inside out.
- Pork: As compared to beef, pork is simpler and quicker to prepare. You can go for any of the heat techniques here, depending upon the type of grilled pork dish you crave for. For example, while a good amount of ham may take up to 3 hours to prepare, pork chops may take as much as 7-8 minutes only.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are quick to cook and hence, they can be prepared at the end if you wish to eat them as sides. They do not take anymore than 3 minutes and you can grill a host of vegetables. A few vegetables that are widely enjoyed in the grilled form include mushrooms, bell peppers, corn, eggplant, onions, carrot, and asparagus.
- Fish: Again a simple and quick to cook the type of food, the best flavors of fish are received from direct heat technique. Ensure that you do your part of the marination well and then place them on the grill bar to cook. When the fish is being prepared, you will easily be able to figure out if it has cooked by checking the size of the fish.
Essential Accessories for Grilling
While the significant tool to invest in grill any food item is a high-quality BBQ grill, you must also have the accessories associated with the job. What makes grilling accessories equally important is because of perfection. You will have to check the temperature, flip the food as and when necessary without breaking the pieces, and clean the grill after use. These grill accessories from Palm Beach Grill Center will help you understand the range of options that are available in the market and their necessity. These accessories are much necessary when you are grilling outdoors during a picnic, at the beach, or camping. You cannot take the load of allowing any mischief to occur and hence, the perfect accessories play an essential role.
Barbequing with friends and family has become a popular culture with people across the globe today. It brings people together after a hectic long week where they chat, drink, laugh, dance, and indulge in some delicious grilled foods. This is why, if you too are preparing to be a part of one such culture, ensure that you invest in the right product. There are dozens of leading brands offering the best grills in the market with unique features.
While each brand comes with its special features, you must be careful and select the one that suits you best. For this, you must do your research well and consider the different aspects of buying a grill. You can also get in touch with your acquaintances who have already purchased one. Or, you can head to the website of a service provider who specializes in selling grills of different brands under a single roof. Doing this will save you time while also offering you the opportunity to compare each brand and product available.