You’ve probably seen a lot of articles lately about all the things you should be cleaning and when you should be doing it. It’s enough to make your head spin! But don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this guide, we’ll break down everything you need to know about household cleaning so that you can keep your home clean and tidy without driving yourself crazy.
We’ll start by discussing some of the most critical areas of your home that you should be sure to keep clean. Then we’ll give you a general cleaning schedule that you can follow to ensure that everything stays fresh and looks its best. Of course, you can constantly adjust this schedule to fit your own unique needs and circumstances.
So let’s get started! Here’s what you need to know about household cleaning.
The Most Important Areas to Keep Clean
Some areas of your home are more important to keep clean than others. These are the areas that see the most traffic and use, so they can tend to get dirtier more quickly. Paying extra attention to these areas will go a long way in keeping your whole house looking its best.
Here are some of the most critical areas to keep clean:
– The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your home to keep clean. After all, it’s where you prepare food! Be sure to wash dishes regularly, wipe down countertops and appliances, and sweep and mop the floor. If you have a bug or rat problem in your kitchen, set out rat removal or baits to try and catch them. You may need to call an exterminator if you have a persistent problem.
– The bathroom: Another significant room! Be sure to regularly clean the toilet, shower, sink, and mirror. Don’t forget to sweep and mop the floor as well.
– The living room: This is likely the room where you and your family spend the most time. So it’s important to keep it clean and tidy! Vacuum regularly, dust surfaces, and wipe down any spills or stains as soon as they happen.
– The bedrooms: Bedrooms should be kept clean for health and comfort reasons. Vacuum or sweep the floors, dust surfaces, and make the beds daily.
A General Cleaning Schedule for Your Home
Now that we’ve discussed some of the most important areas to keep clean, let’s talk about how often you should clean everything. Of course, this will vary depending on your unique circumstances (for example, if you have pets or small children, you may need to clean more often).
But in general, here’s a good cleaning schedule to follow:
– Daily: Make the beds, vacuum or sweep floors, and dust surfaces.
– Weekly: Clean bathrooms, wash dishes, do laundry.
– Monthly: Clean windows, empty garbage cans/recycling bins, and wipe down walls and doors.
– Seasonally: Clean gutters, change air filters, and deep clean carpets.
Of course, this is just a general guide. You may need to adjust it to fit your own needs. But following this schedule should help you keep your home clean and tidy without feeling like you’re spending all your time cleaning.
Tips for Staying on Top of Cleaning
Cleaning can be a lot of work, but there are some things you can do to make it easier. Here are some tips for staying on top of household cleaning:
– Set aside some time each day to tidy up. Even just 15 minutes of cleaning can make a big difference.
– Put things away as soon as you’re done using them. This will help prevent clutter from building up.
– Invest in some good quality cleaning supplies. This will make cleaning more efficient and less of a chore.
– Hire a professional cleaner for deep cleaning tasks like carpets and windows. This can be a big help, especially if you’re short on time.
Final takeaway :
These tips should help you keep your home clean without too much effort. Just remember to be patient and take it one day at a time. Soon enough, household cleaning will become second nature.